Chapter 30/1606 - Montgomery GI Bill® Active Duty & Reservist
Using VA benefits for the first time:
- Complete the online application: www.va.gov/
- Submit Certificate of Eligibility to VA Benefits Office within the Office of the Registrar
- Complete and provide a Request for Certification Form to the VA Benefits Office.
Using VA benefits for the first time at Baylor University:
(If you previously used VA benefits at another school)
- Complete the online Request for Change of Program or Place of Training Form (22-1995) if transferring to another institution and not changing benefits: www.va.gov
- If applying for different benefits, complete a new online application: www.va.gov
- Submit copy of Form 22-1995 or 22-1990 AND Certificate of Eligibility to VA Benefits Office within the Office of the Registrar
- Complete a Request for Certification Form
Click the following link to view current benefit rates: Benefit Payments
Remember to verify your attendance each month by visiting here or by calling the VA's toll free Interactive Voice Response (IVR) telephone line at 1-877-823-2378.
For each month that you are attending classes, you will receive your benefit payment the first day of the following month. For example, for the month of September you will receive that payment on October 1st. Please be aware that partial months of attendance are pro-rated. For example, August and December are pro-rated for the fall semester. If you turn in your Request for Certification after the deadline set by the VA Coordinator, it could cause your monthly stipend to not come on time.
Note: These types of benefits are sent directly to the student and will not be paid to Baylor.