Dean's Academic Honor List
The purpose of the Dean's Academic Honor List (often referred to as the "Dean's List") is to recognize students for quality academic work at Baylor.
Dean's List honors only apply to undergraduate students. Post-baccalaureate and graduate students are not eligible. To be named to the Dean's List, a student must have earned a minimum semester grade point average of 3.70 with no grade lower than a "C" while being enrolled in at least 12 graded semester hours. Dean's List honorees are selected and announced three times each academic year: Fall, Spring, and Summer.
In what ways are students named to the Dean's List honored?
Baylor University honors students to the Dean's List in the following ways:
- They receive official Dean's List notation on their academic transcript.
- They receive an invitation to the Dean's Garden Reception, which takes place once a year.
- Each receives an individual congratulatory email from the Provost.
- Baylor sends official notification to numerous media outlets on behalf of the Dean's List honorees. Visit Media Communications.
If I receive a grade of "Incomplete," can I still be evaluated for inclusion on the Dean's List honors during that semester?
Students who receive a grade of "Incomplete" will be evaluated for inclusion on the Dean's List after the course has been completed and a grade has been assigned.
If I know that I received a gpa of 3.7 or higher, what are some of the reasons I might not be on the Dean's List?
All of the following are reasons that a student in this situation may not have been placed on the Dean's List for a given semester:
- Dean's List honorees are selected based on semester gpa, not cumulative gpa.
- The minimum 12 semester hours necessary to be selected for the Dean's List must be graded hours. Pass/Fail courses and Credit/No Credit courses do not count in the 12 semester hours.
- In order to be placed on the Dean's List, students must have received grades for at least 12 semester hours. Courses with incomplete grades do not count toward the required 12 semester hours.
- Dean's List honorees must have a semester grade point average of 3.70 with no grade lower than a "C", no FA (failed), or NC (no credit) courses in order to qualify for the Dean's List.
Whom should I contact if I have questions about the Dean's List?
If you have questions about the Dean's List, please contact the Office of the Registrar.
Office of the Registrar
Phone: 254 710 1181