Prerequisite/Insufficient Grade Process
The Prerequisite/Insufficient Grade process ensures that students are adequately prepared for moving forward in their degree program and provides faculty the opportunity to deliberate on allowing students into their courses who do not meet the prerequisites. The Prerequisite Insufficient grade process is run at the end of the term once all grades have been posted in Banner. The generated report shows students registered for the upcoming term in courses in which they did not pass the prerequisite in preceding terms.
- After grades are posted the Prerequisite Insufficient Grade Process is run to identify students who do not meet prerequisite requirements for upcoming registered courses
- Departments are notified that the process is open
- Departments review the student list and indicate any action needed (see instructions below)
- Registrar receives and processes drops requested by faculty
- An automatic email is generated to alert the student of the dropped