Advising Registration Resources (Faculty/Staff)
Registration and Add/Drop Timelines for Spring 2024
|12/27||First class day|
|11/1-12/26||Drop with DD (Drop Delete - section not retained on Student's Schedule)|
|12/27-12/28||Drop with DC (Drop Course - section retained on Student's Schedule for refund purposes)|
Last day to add classes through BearWeb/Last Day advisors may add classes
|12/28||Last Day to Drop without a W/Last day advisors may drop a class|
Withdrawal Period/W drop period (All drops will be processed through OnBase)
|1/8||Last day to drop a class with a W or Submit a University withdrawal|
|1/13||Last day of class|
|1/16||First class day|
|11/1-1/22||Drop with DD (Drop Delete - section not retained on Student's Schedule)|
|1/23-1/31||Drop with DC (Drop Course - section retained on Student's Schedule for refund purposes)|
|1/22||Last day to add classes through BearWeb/Last Day advisors may add classes|
|1/31||Last Day to Drop without a W/Last day advisors may drop a class|
|2/1-4/3||Withdrawal Period/W drop period (advisor will lift advising flag to allow students to drop with a W in BearWeb)|
|4/3||Last day to drop a class with a W or Submit a University withdrawal|
|5/2||Last day of class|
- Once the W period begins for fall and spring semesters, students will drop their courses through the extended drop process. They will contact their advisor, and the advisor will lift their advising flag, allowing the student 72 hours to drop their course in BearWeb.
- If changing sections of the same course before the W period, drop with DD
- When dropping a class with a DD, please remember to delete the class from SFAREGS. If the class remains on SFAREGS with DD, it will appear on the student’s schedule via BearWeb, and it would prevent the student from registering for another section of that course as the registration system views that as a duplicate add. Once you’ve entered the DD in the status field, click on Shift F6 to remove and then SAVE.
Self-Paced Correspondence Courses (SPOCS) and Late Start Intensive Courses (LSITS) Add/Drop Procedures
Self-Paces Online Courses (SPOCs)
- Eligible Baylor students and non-degree-seeking students may register for a SPOC between the 6th class date and not later than the end of the 7th week of the fall or spring semester.
- All SPOC registration must come through OnBase
- Accelerate Highschool Students must be registered in SPOCS before the start of the Fall/Spring Terms.
- SPOCS may not be dropped after the 50th Class Day (end of W period)
Late Start Intensives (LSITs)
- 7 Week Intensive Courses will start mid-March and run through the end of the term
- Not open to New Freshman or New Transfers
- May not be dropped after the 50th Class Day (end of W period)
Spring 2024 - Traditional Term
Reminder: Starting on the first class day, do not drop a student's full schedule.
University Withdrawal is defined as discontinuing all classes for the current term a student is enrolled. A University Withdrawal occurs on or after the first day of classes, and prior to the University Withdrawal deadline.
Students requiring a University Withdrawal should fill out the University Withdrawal form and be directed to the Center for Academic Success and Engagement to follow appropriate withdrawal procedures.
A student communicating their desire to withdraw to their advisor, or other faculty/staff member, does not constitute a University Withdrawal. A University Withdrawal is only initiated once the student submits a University Withdrawal form.
If an advisor or student is unsure if the student requires a University Withdrawal, they should reach out to the Center for Academic Success and Engagement as soon possible. Delays in Withdrawal form submission could impact refund percentages. The date a University Withdrawal form is submitted is the effective date of the University Withdrawal.