Chapter 31 - Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E)
For service member or veteran with a service-connected disability, you may be eligible for Chapter 31 VR&E. For eligibility information, visit https://www.va.gov/careers-employment/vocational-rehabilitation/eligibility/.
VR&E students may qualify for the following as a Baylor University student:
- Enrollment deposit waiver
- Free parking pass
- No Late Fees
- Complete the online application VA Form 28-1900.
- If eligible, a VR&E counselor will schedule a meeting with you developing a plan detailing what services and benefits you will receive such as tuition and fee payments, books and supplies, and your subsistence rate.
- Once the plan is approved, an authorization is sent directly to our office, Office of the Registrar - VA Benefits, from the VR&E counselor for tuition and fees.
- Once the plan is approved, a separate authorization is sent to the Baylor Bookstore from the VR&E counselor for books and supplies.
- Immediately AFTER registering for classes, complete our Request for Certification Form (RFC).
To view Baylor University policy regarding Ch. 31 VR&E benefits and Institutional Financial Aid, please click here.
To view information about obtaining your Baylor student account credit balance refund (if applicable) click here.
If you need to speak with a VA Counselor, below is the Waco VA Regional Office contact information:
VA Regional Office
One Veterans Plaza
701 Clay Avenue
Waco, TX 76799
Main Phone: 1-800-827-1000