Steps for Registration
Make sure you are selecting the CORRECT TERM
Traditional Undergraduate, Graduate, and Law students will select a Fall, Summer or Spring term (Law also has a Winter Term). Trimester, Quarter, and Term 1/Term 2 terms are for graduate professional education programs which are typically fully online programs.
- Check for your assigned date/time to register.
- Make an appointment to be advised by your academic advisor(s) well in advance of your registration day, if required.
- Take any required placement exams (math, French, German, Spanish, or English.) Contact the appropriate departments for more information or click here: Placement Exams.
- Create a registration plan using the Planner in the BearWeb Registration + Planning menu
- Some sections may be closed or require departmental overrides. If an override is needed, contact the department offering the section.
- Baylor uses the Waitlist function for closed classes.
- Check BearWeb to see if you have any holds that will prevent you from registering.
- Log in to BearWeb >> Student Academic Services >> Registration >> Registration Status
- A registration HOLD is not the same thing as an advising FLAG. Please refer to Baylor University's policy Right to Withhold Transcripts and/or Block Registration.
- Check your Registration Status, Advising Flag, and Registration Holds: BearWeb >> Student Academic Services >> Registration Status